The Coca-Cola Company (NYSE: KO) is the world’s largest beverage company, refreshing consumers with more than 500 sparkling and still brands.
At The Coca-Cola Company, you can cultivate your career in a challenging and dynamic environment. We are the largest manufacturer and distributor of non-alcoholic drinks in the world-selling more than 1 billion drinks a day. Unlock your full potential with a future-focused company that is known and respected throughout the world.
Brand Manager, Nigeria Brands
- Job Type Full Time
- Qualification BA/BSc/HND MBA/MSc/MA
- Experience 3 – 5 years
- Location Lagos
- Job Field Media / Advertising / Branding
Ref Id: R-20281
- The Franchise Brand Manager is responsible for leading the execution of key marketing projects affecting the market(s) or set of brands within Nigeria; ultimately delivering positive volume & brand love growth, and to manage marketing and finance projects. The 3 key expectations from a BM are as follows:
- Lead Monthly Business Analysis
- Lead End-2-End Marketing Program & Innovation Implementation
- Learn to Engage with Bottlers During Plan Implementation & Tracking.
- The Company’s effort in building a strong consumer insight driven business growth model, coupled with the development of scalable programs & tools for implementation by our Bottling partners is critical to our short and long-term business success. The BM will have to learn to develop and shape the relationship and strategic plan development with the Bottling partners.
- The BM will be required to lead and manage marketing and finance projects and is expected to prepare and share with the line manager, the performance plan, career plan, and development plan. These plans will have to reflect the updates in Performance Enablement on a full year and monthly basis.
- The key responsibility of the BM role is to lead the internal monthly analysis of the performance of our brands, in each market, which will, in turn, be the basis to help the Marketing managers lead the conversations with the different stakeholders on short, medium and long-term strategies. The monthly analysis will also help execute market brand programs collaboratively with the Bottler Marketing & Operations teams to ensure implementing a strong path to consumer-driven business growth.
- The second responsibility of the BM role is to lead the end-to-end Marketing and Innovation project implementation in-market. This will require an in-depth knowledge of our brands, in terms of Brand Vision and Architecture, Visual Identity System, design principles, the understanding and application of the Innovation process and Coke Works, Project Management, the management of a cross-section of agencies, from the material and strategies developed by the Central team.
- A third key component of the BM role is to learn how to work the Bottler during the plan implementation. The BM will need to work within the System to discuss, align and execute activities with the Bottling partners. To develop their knowledge of the Bottling System, the BM will have to continuously do in trade and country visits, to be able to share & discuss on country-specific points with the stakeholders.
- Lastly, the BM will be expected to follow set routines and document and track them via Zoom and other related tools.
Lead Monthly Business Analysis:
- Understand and extract K&I data – including using proxy data to connect the dots. This will be done monthly with retail audit information and when required with BGS information. The BM shall work on the weekly Zoom charts with supporting data from the above sources.
- Analyze data and extract Insights to drive business performance, connecting to key drivers, on an ‘as required’ basis.
- Understand Social & Digital metrics when required during campaigns
- Monitor and evaluate ongoing campaigns, including setting and delivering performance metrics
- Monthly Updates
Lead End-2-End Marketing & Innovation Implementation:
- Lead cross-functional teams with the Innovation process and managing deliverables against timelines
- Apply Marketing Factory process to each project/campaign
- Apply BVA, VIS & Design principles to each campaign and creative development
- Understand “how to” adapt & develop implementation plans especially during the ABP process
- Day to day Agency Management – Scope of Work, Agency billing statements
- Project Management (Gantt and Zoom Charts) to be shared on a project-based basis. Zoom charts are to be updated on a weekly basis.
- Understand “how to” Write Business & Creative Briefs
- Monitor and evaluate Project
- Control Project DME on a weekly basis
Learn To work with Bottlers During Plan Implementation:
- Participate in In-Market Trade/Bottler Visits & Consumer Research Activities with supporting in-trade visits reports
- Work with Country Team & Bottlers to ensure continuous alignment, tracking, and adjustment to programs during implementation.
- Participate In Routines To Develop, Inspire, & Align Country Team & Bottler To Plans & Projects.
- Develop After Action Reviews – capture learning and update in Coke works as post-launch review documents
- Franchise Marketing Manager – manager
- Franchise Commercial Team
- Advertising Agency Creative Directors and Account Managers
- Media Agency account manager
- General Manager – two up manager
- BU Strategic Leaders
- Bottler Marketing Leader(s) – by country & bottler
- Bottler Operations Leader(s) – by country & bottler
- BU SMM’s
Purpose of Interactions
- Execution & Implementation of Projects & Programs; ensuring key stakeholders have provided input and/or guidance to efforts.
- Obtain feedback in a collaborative way manner
- The capability of communicating concisely and to communicate complex topics in a simple manner to non-insiders or experts.
- Minimum: Bachelor’s Degree
- Preferred: Master’s Degree – preferably MBA or Master of Marketing.
- Minimum Years of Experience: Entry level Role with 3-5 years within TCCC or Other Global FMCG company.
- Ability to collaborate in an International / Global cultural context is critical considering the diversity of the Business Unit:
- Provide Execution Leadership and Analysis for their respective Market/Area; uncovering insights and solutions that encompass local needs/problems
Judgment and Decision Making:
- Local Programs & Initiatives – based on recommendation agreement by Marketing Manager and Franchise Marketing Manager
- Market Specific DME – based on recommendation agreement by Franchise Marketing Manager
- 20% in Tier 1-2 cities 10% in Tier 3-4 cities
- Drive Innovation: Generate new or unique solutions and embrace new ideas that help sustain our business(encompassing everything from continuous improvement to new product and package innovation).
- Collaborate With System, Customers, and Other Stakeholders: Develop and leverage relationships with stakeholders to approximately stretch and impact the System (Company and Bottler).
- Act Like An Owner: Deliver results, creating value for our Brands, our System, our customers, and key stakeholders.
- Inspire Others: Inspire people to deliver our mission and 2020 Vision, demonstrate the passion for the business and give people a reason to believe anything is possible.
- Develop Self and Others: Develop self and support others’ development to achieve full potential.
- Growth Mindset: Demonstrates curiosity. Welcomes failure as a learning opportunity.
- Smart Risk: Makes bold decisions/recommendations.
- Externally Focused: Understands the upstream and downstream implications of his/her work. Tracks and shares external trends, best practices or ideas.
- Performance Driven and Accountable: Has high-performance standards. Outperforms her/his peers.
- Fast/Agile: Removes barriers to moving faster. Experiments and adapts. Thrives under pressure and fast pace.
- Empowered: Brings solutions instead of problems. Challenges the status quo. Has the courage to take an unpopular stance.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified? Go to Coca-Cola career website on coke.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com to apply