Saroafrica International is a company with linked interest in FMCG and Agric Value Chain spanning Downstream to Upstream. The Supply chain activities is a continuous circle from Inbound, Outbound to Export. Following her businesses restructuring and repositioning, the company is further expanding her activities across all the Commercial Cities and major Agroecology zones of Nigeria.
- Job Type Full Time
- Qualification BA/BSc/HND MBA/MSc/MA
- Experience 5 years
- Location Osun
- Job Field Finance / Accounting / Audit
Location: Ilesha, Osun
- Business Accountant (BA) is a strategic partner in running the business and plays a crucial role in providing central financial direction to the Strategic Business Unit.
- BA will direct and oversee all financial functions of the Strategic Business Unit (SBU), create a culture of high performance and people management in the unit, align functions and resources, and deploy people and skills optimally to achieve strategic priorities.
- He /She should be able to present reports competently and confidently to the SBU Management/ Corporate Office and negotiate effectively with business partners.
- He /She must have a clear focus, give attention to details and be a strategic thinker who is focused on execution.
- As a strategic business partner with the Business Manager and Management, BA is responsible for the assessment of the company’s performance against both the annual budget (in line with the levers of control) and the company’s approved 5-year Plan.
- Develops tools and systems to provide critical financial and operational information to the Business Manager and provides actionable recommendations on both strategy and operations.
- Cost: create a sense of value for money across board to enhance effective deployment of resources. Work together with all units to ensure SBU uses less to achieve more. Ensure the Naira differential objectives are met
- Put the right mechanism in place to ensure SBU Pays all obligations on a due date, stays Cash-Flow Positive throughout the period in line with the financial indicators in the plan
- “Responsible for the seamless and real-time running of the financial reporting processes to aid speed of service delivery to both internal and external parties
- Report the actual financial Performance and compare with the Control Levers.
- Oversee the finance and Accounts unit to ensure proper maintenance of all accounting systems and function
- Oversee payroll budgeting, monthly payroll and all related controls. Assist in the design, implementation, and timely calculations of wages, incentives, commissions and bonuses and ensure adequate cash flow for payroll payments.
- Provide financial analysis and support for HR regarding cost-effective benefit plans, health insurance plans and other fringe benefits affecting SBU associates
- Insurance Claim workflow should be strictly monitored and each claim settled/closed within a month after the incident.
- Expected to have specific information regarding daily operations of the Business and keep the Business Manager updated
- Periodic Key account reconciliation and Trial Balance review
- Put the right mechanism in place to meet all Suppliers obligations on a due date, stays Cash-Flow Positive throughout the period in line with the financial indicators in the plan, and Code of Business Conduct.
- BA Expected to perform management duties and actively contribute to the SBU financial, operations and strategic plans.
- Minimum of a second Class upper in Accounting, Economics, or Finance from a reputable university
- Must be a Chartered Accountant (ACCA or ACA).
- An MBA or equivalent postgraduate management degree will be an advantage
- Must be computer literate and have excellent ERP skills.
- Applicant must have a Minimum of 5 years working experience
- Age: 27 – 33 years old.
Innovation Commercialization Manager
- Job Type Full Time
- Qualification BA/BSc/HND MBA/MSc/MA
- Experience 4 years
- Location Lagos
- Job Field Sales / Marketing / Retail / Business Development
Innovation is a key pillar of the SARO Transformation Initiatives with a target of new products over the next years. To deliver the Performance Ambition, this role will lead the brilliant commercial execution of all new product launches, driving visibility of performance of new innovation launches and ensuring Executional discipline and Profitability.
New Product Commercialization Planning & Executional Discipline
- Project lead for Commercialization of all project within SLC. Take ownership of new product launches from concept development to commercial launch using innovation tools such as volume forecast tool, P&L, etc.
- The geographic variability and nuances of execution are key in Nigeria and this role will need understand these and ensure commercial innovation plans reflect and respond to these dynamics supporting winning execution in every market.
- Provide commercial expertise and rigour in planning of volume, distribution build and ROS modelling on targeted innovation projects through the gate development process to ensure projects delivers on the topline and bottomline objectives.
- Work with innovation category project officers/sales teams to report on and visibly drive performance management routines of innovation.
- Ensure clarity of project delivery timelines, roles, and responsibilities & drive team commitment towards meeting them.
- Take ownership and monitor in-field innovation implementation and regional execution using live examples to recognise and celebrate great commercial innovation execution where we see it and call out poor execution with remedial action where we fall short.
- Develop Trade and Shopper execution standards and deliverables on innovation projects. Use trade insight to develop tailored propositions that creates value for trade, shopper & SARO.
- Drive rigorous planning within innovation projects to improve our pace and agility behind targeted innovation/brand change projects.
- Ensure the business case is commercially viable to deliver business profit expectation.
BTL & ATL Agency management
- Develop and brief agencies on planned implementations and expectations.
- Work with agencies to identify commercial growth drivers that would serve as building executional blocks that drives business growth.
- Work with agencies to design all POSM and ensure timely delivery to specification.
- Seek for opportunities where we could leverage technology to drive new frontiers for breakthrough commercialization performances.
- Work with all stakeholders both internal and external
- Send periodic commercialization update for visibility of execution progress.
- Develop all innovations commercial launch plans for Gatekeepers alignment and approval.
- Demonstrate project and team management skills to enable project team deliver on expectations timely.
Measurement & Evaluation
Track, monitor & report all field executions. Develop a robust measurement and evaluation calendar for new product launches to entrench a culture of learning and continuous improvement for future projects.
Regulatory, Risk & Control
- Ensure consistent compliance with business processes and promptly escalate any breach, or potential breach.
- Work with Associates to secure all regulatory approvals as deemed necessary for each project, such as NAFDAC registration of label and approval of product for commercialization, APCON certificate for advertising, SON & MANCAP numbers for quality & manufacturing excellence.
- Be proactive in managing any risk associated with the commercialization of all projects.
Provides progress report on weekly and periodic basis as may be needed by the Line Manager and other associates as required.
SPECIAL SKILLS/KEY BEHAVIOURAL COMPETENCIES
- Ability to work independently and deliver.
- Skilful reporting to executives and upper-management including delivery of audit results and deficiencies.
- Highly organized, detail-oriented, analytical, dynamic, and structured with the ability to think outside the box.
- Strong interpersonal and communications skills with the ability to convey information in simple terms.
- High personal responsibility, accountability, and integrity required.
- Resourcefulness, curiosity, and solutions oriented mind-set desirable.
- Minimum of a Second-Class Upper in University degree in any one of the social sciences and other related discipline.
- An MBA or equivalent postgraduate management degree will be an advantage.
- Minimum of 4 years relevant experience in trade marketing.
- Field Sales & Marketing experience is an added advantage.
- Experience with an FMCG company is preferred.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified? Go to Saro Agrosciences Limited career website on saroafrica.com.ng to apply