The International Youth Math Challenge 2018 is now open for entries. The IYMC competition enables you to unleash your potential, creativity, and math skills! The International Youth Math Challenge is an international mathematics competition that enables students from all countries to prove their math skills and to unleash their creativity.
The International Youth Math Challenge is one of the biggest online math competition for students from all around the world. Win awards and cash prizes worth over 500 USD, qualify for the final round, become official IYMC ambassador in your country, or join the international IYMC network for outstanding students – take this unique opportunity and participate today!
Benefits and Awards
IYMC gives you the unique opportunity to unleash your math skills and to apply them to challenging problems. Participants can receive certificates, awards, cash prizes, and global recognition.
There are also special awards and awards for the best submissions from each region:
Successful participants receive many certificates, cash prizes, and honors:
- All participants receive participation certificates.
- All Finalists: +Special Finalists Certificate
- 1st Prize: 200 USD Cash Prize, Special 1st Prize Certificate
- 2nd Prize: 150 USD Cash Prize, Special 2nd Prize Certificate
- 3rd Prize: 100 USD Cash Prize, Special 3rd Prize Certificate
Special Region Awards:
- Best Participant from Europe
- Best Participant from Greater Middle East
- Best Participant from Africa
- Best Participant from South Asia
- Best Participant from (South) East Asia
- Best Participant from America
Besides that, participants have the following benefits:
- Join a Global Network: A successful participation allows you to join the IYMC network. You will get the rare chance to connect and exchange with outstanding, similar-minded, and inspiring students worldwide.
- Become IYMC Ambassador: Winners, students, and teachers are encouraged to become official Ambassadors with the aim to inspire students and to encourage them to engage in math.
Awards for Teachers:
They understand the crucial role of teachers and schools for mathematical education. Because of that, they award three school awards to honor the efforts of the teachers and the school:
- IYMC School Award for Most Participants: for the school with the most overall participants of the qualification round to honor the efforts of the teachers for encouraging students to participate in mathematical competitions.
- IYMC School Award for Most Finalists: for the school with the most students participating in the pre-final and final round
- IYMC School Award for Excellence: for the school with many outstanding students that have achieved high results throughout the overall competition to honor the quality education.
- In order to participate in IYMC you have to be a high-school or university student.
- Depending on your age (over 18 years or under 18 years) you will have to solve more problems to qualify for the next round.
- Students from all grades and all countries are invited to participate!
- To solve the problems you should be smart, open-minded, and creative. You should have a working internet connection to submit your solution online.
- (Qualification Round) The qualification round 2018 consists of five math problems. In order to qualify for the pre-final round, you need to solve at least three (under 18) to four (over 18) of the problems correctly. You can submit your solutions online until 30.9.2018. All participants receive certificates.
- (Pre-Final Round) Successful participants can register for the pre-final round in October. You have one week to solve 15 problems of the pre-final round.
- (Final Round) Successful finalists can participate in the final round: You will take an exam of 60 minutes supervised by your school teacher or another person of trust. The winners receive certificates and cash prizes worth over 500 USD.
You can participate in the IYMC qualification round 2018 until 30.9.2018. Correct submissions are honored with certificates and you qualify for the pre-final round of IYMC!
For more information, visit IYMC Competition.
Deadline: September 30, 2018